Currently I am studying for my VMware VCAP6-DCV Deploy exam. The VMware blueprint specifies objectives required for this exam like iSCSI, NFS and VVol. To test/exercise those storage protocols you need a LAB environment with a storage platform. After searching on the internet I found the Dell EMC UnityVSA storage appliance. Read more
Today I faced a problem with a HPE MSA storage array. The storage array was not displaying its web interface and a firmware upgrade was required. After sometime, I noticed there is a build-in FTP flash. About two hours later I finally got the latest firmware installed.
How to perform a flash with FTP:
- Download the desired firmware from the HPE website.
- Extract the bin file.
- Copy the bin file to a directory “c:\temp”.
- Start a SSH session with an available controller (no preferred choice between controller A & B)
- Enable the FTP service on the controller with the command: “set protocols ftp enabled”.
- Open a CMD shell (with administrator rights) on your workstation or management server.
- Run the following commands:
- # Navigate to C:\Temp
# Start FTP session
# Navigate to directory
# Upload firmware and start flash
put TS252P001.bin flash
# Close FTP session
# Go back to the SSH Session and disable the FTP service on the MSA
set protocols ftp disabled