When running VMware vRealize Orchestrator 8.X at some point in time you need to install a hotfix. When performing this operation at a customer I was running into an issue, I could not find the link on the VMware website in the first place.
After some searching, I found the location so I thought lets write a small blog post about locating the patch files on the VMware website.
Keep in mind: this blog post is focused on a standalone vRealize Orchestrator instance that requires a hotfix bundle. This is not for the embedded version inside vRealize Automation (vRA).
At first, we need to go to the appropriate location on the VMware website. This update and the latest patched installation files are in my opinion not easy to find. Because you would expect the files to be on the VMware Download page. So where do we need to go?!
Here is a short write-up:
- Go to the following URL for the vRealize Orchestrator 8.X downloads.
- Log in with your My VMware account.
- Select the vRealize Orchestrator product and the appropriate version.
- On this page, you will found OVA versions and iso version of the latest vRO hotfixes.
- *.OVA = is required for installing a new vRealize Orchestrator instance.
- *.ISO = is required for patching a currently running vRealize Orchestrator instance.
vRealize Orchestrator Install Hotfix
Here is a short description of how to install a vRealize Orchestrator 8.X hotfix. Keep in mind when writing this blog post vRealize Orchestrator 8.2 did not have a hotfix yet! So far I figured out a difference between the releases:
So after vRealize Orchestrator 8.2, the upgrade procedure will be slightly different!
Before starting the upgrade always make sure you have a backup!
- Mount the ISO file to the vRO virtual machine.
- Log in to the vRealize Orchestrator VAMI with the root account.
- Click on the Update tab.
- Modify the download mirror to the CD-ROM drive.
- Check for updates
- Install the updates.
- Wait some time to let the upgrade complete and that should be it!
This was my short blog post about updating vRealize Orchestrator 8 with a Hotfix. If you have any comments please respond below :)!